Saturday, March 17, 2007

You made me mourn you
I thought you promised you wouldn't
Now all I have of you are lettuce pieces swimming in mayonnaise
And time weary dreams in cinnamon coffee cups

You made me love you
I thought you would be gentle and kind and understanding
And now all I see are all these lonely dreams in a plate full of french fries
They are soon going to be eaten with tomato ketchup.

You made me walk with you
Although I thought it was going to be a long, long distance to travel
It now seems to be a long, winding road to her. For you have chosen. Her.
Today what I have are penguins with a kiss, some dusty musicians on a white cane table and some stale feelings.

But I do love you
And for that
I will never ever be sorry.
Time weary will heal. Even the french fries may not congeal.
That is the power of my love.

2 comments:

Sevster said...

This is beautiful, Tanushree. Even if I didn't know all the moments you are talking about here (which I do), I would be moved by this poem. I am proud of the woman you are and what you will become no matter how many such moments pass by.

Sevster said...

As for your poetry, it's simplistic, but I am just speak to criticize it seems.
Thoughts should not be taken as told even if they are put in the same manner fit for the masses.
Wow... your poetry is influencing me now! That's a first!